About Van Bael & Bellis
Van Bael & Bellis is a leading independent law firm based in Brussels, London and Geneva. Established in 1986, and with more than 80 lawyers coming from 20 different countries, we offer our clients the support of a highly effective team of professionals with multi-jurisdictional expertise and an international perspective. Van Bael & Bellis is well known for its client-centred approach, commitment to excellence and extensive expertise. Our expertise is focused and specific, resulting in deep experience within our specialisations.
Our team of insolvency and restructuring lawyers has in-depth experience in providing advice to clients in complex Belgian and cross-border refinancing and restructuring. Our team assists both clients that intend to acquire Belgian companies and international groups facing financial difficulties, and clients facing financial or operational challenges and requiring structural changes.
Our expertise extends to all aspects of restructuring, including
- Assisting in acquiring Belgian companies and international groups that are facing financial difficulties, including due diligence, contract drafting and negotiating and post-closing integration and restructuring of the acquired assets or companies
- Renegotiating existing facilities with the intensive care departments of banks and with institutional partners
- Negotiating with the entire range of stakeholders, including regulators, suppliers, clients, creditors, shareholders and personnel
- Assisting directors and officers in the choices they need to make with integrity and with a view to limiting their liability
- Assisting in relation to judicial reorganisation proceedings and in relation to bankruptcies
- Assisting in relation to the preparation, negotiation and execution of social plans in relation to the personnel
- Litigating against other parties, including creditors, other interested stakeholders and the public prosecutor