BeTA will serve as a much-needed knowhow sharing and networking platform that will be key to improving best practices of restructuring in Belgium and increasing focus on value preservation for the benefit of all stakeholders involved
Laurens is a managing associate at the Corporate & Finance practice of the Linklaters LLP offices in Belgium, with a focus on restructuring & insolvency matters. Laurens advises creditors, debtors, shareholders and management on major corporate debt restructurings, distressed acquisitions and formal insolvency proceedings in Belgium, the UK and wider Europe.
In 2017, he did a secondment at the Linklaters R&I team in London where he worked on several high-profile cross-border restructurings.
Laurens holds a Master Degree in Law of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, an LL.M in Tax Law of the Université Libre de Bruxelles and an MSc in Law & Finance of the University of Oxford.
- Restructuring of stressed and distressed financings
- Carve-outs and distressed M&A transactions
- Advising on domestic and cross-border reorganisation proceedings
- Director’s and shareholders’ liability in an insolvency context
- Pre-insolvency contingency planning and security review